Monday, January 23, 2012

Why I love E.E Cummings and Einstein


I adore E.E Cummings he a boss poet. Check him out:


"I fear no fate(for you are my fate, my sweet) I want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true) and it's you are whatever the moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you." 


"Anybody can learn to think, or believe, or know, but not a single human being can be taught how to feel...the moment you feel, you're nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else-means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."


"Kisses are a better face than wisdom...we are for each other: then laugh, leaning back in my arms for life's not a paragraph."


"The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful."


"The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches."


"One's not half of two; two are halves of one."


"Time is a tree (this life one leaf) but love is the sky and I am for you just so long and long enough."


Einstein is not a poet now, but a scientist. And I dearly thank him for writing all his wacky thoughts down, because they're funny and oddly enough, about love.


The laws of gravity cannot be held responsible for people fallin in love.


How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?


When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think its two hours. That's relativity. 


Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed. 


Woot! You just finished another blog of quotes! Good job. Tell me about how you liked it in the comments.-Rose 








2 comments:

  1. I love E.E. Cummings! I had no idea Einstein was funny! Those quotes are really cute
    ~Rue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Einstein rocks! ahaha I like the quote about relativity :) And E.E. Cummings.. always a great poet :)

    ~Vara Ignatia

    ReplyDelete